Share on Social
The city of Abu Dhabi brings a fascinating type of culture and tradition to life with its sparkling waterfronts, opulent architecture and desert distractions. From the breathtaking views of the Sheikh Zayed Mosque to the excitement of the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix and theme parks like Ferrari World, but the best attractions are considered the tranquil city of Al Ain, the panoramas of Jebel Hafeet mountains and the boundless desert dunes of the Rub al Khali Empty Quarter. If you’re lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit this amazing city in September, you should also try to attend CPhI MEA 2019.
CPhI Middle East & Africa (MEA) 2019 is organized by Informa Markets and will be held from September 16th - 18th at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC). This major conference is pharma’s regional exhibition for innovation, networking, and business development. Together with the conference’s multiple sub-events including iCSE, FDF, P-Mec, and InnoPack, and being the only pharma event in the region that specifically covers pharma manufacturing, it brings together 4,900 key pharma suppliers and buyers from all over the world. Connecting local, regional and international professionals from across the entire pharma supply chain, from ingredients to finished product distribution, CPhI MEA 2019 is a valuable conference for accessing the Middle East & Africa pharma and biotech markets.
CPhI MEA 2019 is hosted by Informa Markets, a leading global events platform for industries, specialist markets and scientific communities to trade, grow and engage in innovation. It consists of more than 550 international B2B events, and with over 4,400 colleagues based in more than 40 countries around the globe. The CPhI MEA event has also teamed up with bnetwork as the official accommodation partner to bring exclusive discounts for attendees on a variety of hotels near the venue. Whether you are planning a visit to Abu Dhabi or are already in the Emirate, be sure to check out this visitor’s website for a host of useful information to help you make the most of your time during your stay.
For such large scale events, it can quickly become overwhelming for a team of company attendees, particularly if limited in size. With so much potential ground to cover, making the most of your time and investment is key, so we’ve put a few tips together for planning out your time in Abu Dhabi:
Know the area and activities
The Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) is an absolute behemoth in size and is considered the largest exhibition centre in the Middle East with 1.4 million square feet in total space. ADNEC has a large seating capacity in its several locations in the venue, such as the International Convention Centre (ICC) seating up to 6,000, and both Conference Halls A & B seating up to 1,500 combined, while the Grandstand can accommodate up to 5,400 visitors. Exploring this gigantic venue can be a major task, so it’s important to prepare for visiting the facilities by reviewing the general floorplan and knowing your way around before the conference.
CPhI MEA 2019 will be 3 days of exhibition covering all aspects of the drug manufacturing process, with 294+ exhibitors and 4,900+ attendees from over 97 countries. The conference will include multiple zones for easy organization and streamlined attendance of the conference’s features, including:
- CPhI: The CPhI Zone of the conference is all about the ingredients, by bringing together buyers, manufacturers and suppliers of pharmaceutical ingredients and specialty drug product excipients. Whether you are looking for sourcing new business or getting the latest insights into the newest and most innovative ingredients on the market, the CPhI event is a very valuable resource.
- FDF: The FDF Finished Drug Products Zone puts you right in the center of the flourishing pharma market. As the drug product landscape continues to rapidly evolve with new business models, data intelligence, alternative medicines, single-use and combination systems, and disposable technology, it can be a challenge to keep up with all of it. From powders and pills to capsules and creams, FDF helps you meet with manufacturers from every aspect of the finished dosage supply chain in one location.
- iCSE: The iCSE Zone is a great platform for connecting outsourcing companies with the pharma industry, and is a must for outsourcing solution providers, contract manufacturing and consultancy services. This Zone brings together buyers and sellers in the market of pharmaceutical contract services and acts as a platform for a wide variety of outsourcing services, including clinical trials, IT, research, biotechnological, logistical and analytical services.
- InnoPack: Be sure to check out the InnoPack Zone for innovative packaging and drug delivery systems. Focusing on the latest pharmaceutical packaging advancements, InnoPack unites buyers and suppliers from the packaging and pharmaceutical industries.
- P-MEC: From pharma machinery to lab apparatuses, track down your necessary equipment and technology in the P-MEC Zone. P-MEC showcases the newest pharmaceutical machinery, and provides access to more than 800 equipment suppliers and technology providers.
Identify the right companies to meet
In addition to the multiple exhibitors and zones to explore, there will be an abundance of networking experiences for you to partake and enjoy throughout the 3-day conference. On each day of the show, you will have the chance to attend the free on-site conference program. With more than 50 expert speakers confirmed from all over the MEA region, the agenda focuses on three key themes; innovation, regional insights and government to industry initiatives. Some of the other experiences that will take place throughout the event are the Emirati Reyong networking breakfast, the unique food experience tour, the exhilarating F1 Grand Prix conference experience, mocktail hour for socializing, and the all important speed networking session to meet distributors in the industry. For more details on the speaker list and activities, visit the full conference agenda.
Find out who’s going
One of the best ways to find out who’s going to CPhI MEA 2019 will actually happen before you arrive in Abu Dhabi! After registering your team, you will gain access to the official mobile app where you can view the full attendee list and pre-schedule meetings before the event. Once you have filled in your company details, the Live Pharma Connect program will automatically search for mutually-beneficial meetings to help you find the most valuable partners. This app is a must for teams and serves as your companion, enabling you to find what you need, connect with exhibitors and navigate the event.
You will also have the opportunity after registering to view the official CPhI MEA 2019 floorplan that details important locations in the exhibit halls and surrounding areas for easy navigation. If you are thinking about visiting the conference, now would be the best time to register, login and start creating networking opportunities. Otherwise, if you’re still unsure about attending CPhI MEA 2019, you can still view the the full exhibitor list online to research companies and decide if making the trip is worth your time and money.
Wear comfortable footwear
This point is really worth mentioning, and since exploring the ADNEC venue can be such a huge endeavor to partake, please make sure to wear your most comfortable footwear and attire during the show. You’ll want to be at peak endurance throughout the event, so be sure to drink plenty of water, and don’t miss out on any important exhibits, sessions, and most of all, meetings!
Meet up with Zymewire
While we may not be attending CPhI MEA 2019 this year, we’d still like to hear from you! Let us know about your experiences, and how your company preps for events to maximize ROI. If you would like to learn more about how teams at service providers around the world are getting more face to face meetings with the right prospects, reach out for a demo today!